Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Terrible Threes

So, Big Boy will not turn three until October, but just like when he was approaching two a year ago, he's gearing up for three with a bunch of really terrible behaviors. Friends have told me that three is worse than two, and if the past week is any indication, it will be for Big Boy, too.
Here are some of the behaviors:
This morning, when it was my turn to sleep in, he came into our bedroom and MrDartt got up. "I don't want you to get up, Daddy," he said. "I want Mommy to get up." MrDartt responded, "Well, it's Mommy's turn to sleep in." Big Boy ran all the way around the bed to wind up and kick MrDartt in the leg.
A few days ago, Big Boy was going to take his post-dinner shower. Before he got into the shower, he chose a green towel. After his shower, he said he didn't want a towel; he wanted to walk around naked and wet. So I walked out to the living room. He chased me all the way, screaming, "I want the green towel!" So I went back into the bathroom (my own mistake) and got the green towel. He screamed, "I don't want the green towel!" So I walked back into the living room. He chased me again, screaming, "I want the green towel!"
Two nights ago for dinner, Big Boy said he wanted fish sticks. So we cooked the fish sticks and cut them up and put them on a plate. We set them in front of him on the counter (we usually eat at the kitchen counter, which has bar stools). He threw his fork and slid the plate across the counter. "I don't want fish sticks!" So I put them in the fridge. "I WANT MY FISH STICKS!"
Seriously.
I've read before that sometimes toddlers just aren't really sure what they want. That's why they change their minds frequently.
Bull.
They know exactly what they want, and they want to make their parents crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment