Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finding Delight in Otherwise Undelightful Things

I make many small discoveries each day, thanks to Big Boy and Little Boy.
I have learned that if I don't find them charming or funny, they'd drive me totally crazy.
Here are a few:
There is a Cheerio lodged in between our phone and the little clip on the phone.
My little travel jewelry box is filled with Play-Doh.
My toothbrush is in my bathtub.
About half of the dog's food is in his water dish.
There are a dog-water handprints on the window next to the dog's dishes.
The dish towel is in the sink with the dirty dishes.
There is a sticky Fruity Cheerio in the medicine dispenser cup.
My letter confetti (that you put in the envelope when you send someone a card or letter) is out of its bag, in a neat little pile on the weight bench, as well as scattered on the floor below.
Puppy dog stickers are stuck in various places -- the coffee table, MrDartt's belt, the couch ...
The toilet paper has been completely unrolled from the roll and is piled underneath where the roll hangs.
The cat food dish is overflowing, her water dish is filled with cat food and there is cat food all over the floor.
Of course, all of these things don't usually happen at once, but at any given time, you'll find several of them happening in our household.
Just delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment