Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Contest

For the past month or so, my husband and the members of his "team" at work have been competing in an ab contest -- whoever has the best six-pack at the end of the month will win the money in the pot (each contestant put in $20).
During the past month, this contest has caused a teeny tiny bit of marital strife -- the money spent on protein powder and "No Explode" (a scary-sounding workout enhancer) and the time spent on workouts during the mornings when I'm trying to get ready and MrDartt is pumping away while the boys run rampant -- but last night was the best. The contest was supposed to end yesterday.
MrDartt came home and announced that the contest had been extended another month, because some of the contestants want more time. He's been in the lead, because he's the only one who's been working out and dieting (he has lost weight and put on muscle and he looks great, by the way).
Another reason for the contest extension: waiting on the judges.
"Who's judging?" I asked casually, even though I've had my suspicions from the start.
"All the girls in the office," he responded, just as casually.
Uh huh. I had mentioned this possibility a month ago, and he denied it would happen.
"Who decided they'd be the judges?" I asked.
"I think they kind of decided when they heard about the ab contest," he said.
Of course, he places the blame on them...but in a male-dominated office, it's probably exciting to all of them to be called on for such an honor.
Is it just me, or is this annoying?
All but one of the contestants have wives/fiancees, and could have come up with some way for US to judge the contest (maybe by taking photos or something).
But I suppose having the women in the office judge is way more exciting.
I don't want my husband lifting his shirt for anybody other than me.

2 comments:

  1. LOL That is annoying, I would not be ok with that either! If they made the wives/fiancées the judges that would be a great excuse for all of you to get together for an evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I wouldn't want my husband lifting his shirt for another woman.

    ReplyDelete