Thursday, August 13, 2009

So Embarrassing!

Hugely embarrassing.
Yesterday at a playgroup, a very nice woman showed up, who hasn't come to many activities lately, maybe because it's summer and her oldest daughter hasn't been in school. Anyway, she has four daughters and she had three kids with her. She's also been a foster mom.
Two of the daughters were participating in the storytime, and the third kid was in the baby seat the whole time. The third kid was wearing a blue and green outfit with frogs on it.
So at the end of storytime, the mom was holding the little baby. I said, "Who's this cute little guy?"
She said, "This is Charlotte!"
Foot in the mouth, totally. Charlotte is the baby she had several months ago. Granted, Charlotte was wearing boys' clothes. But still! It's like I totally forgot that she had that baby. I should have known that was Charlotte. To make myself feel better, I keep telling myself that we haven't seen them in a long time, and that Charlotte is way bigger now than she was the last time I saw her.
Terrible.
Unfortunately, at the house where we were having the playgroup, there wasn't anywhere for me to go and hide!

No comments:

Post a Comment