Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Bumblebee - an update

Just a quick update on the bumblebee situation: last night after I put the boys to bed I came upstairs and he was flying around the living room. He finally showed his face.
I couldn't find the fly swatter so I chased him around the house with the dustpan and finally he landed on the wall next to the sliding glass door.
So I swatted him and he fell on the floor but his legs were still moving in slow motion. My mom was there and she asked, "Is he dead?"
"Not yet," I said.
I gave him a few more swats with the dustpan, then I scooped him up and threw him on the back porch.
This morning, that was the first thing Big Boy asked about -- he wanted to know if I'd caught the bee and put it outside so it wouldn't sting him.
I forgot to mention the great example of sheer hysteria I set for him when the bumblebee got into the house. He opened the door and it flew in and I totally freaked out. I was like, "Oh, no, Oh, no, there's a bee in the house!"
And then the bee followed me into the kitchen, where I flinched and tried to duck away from it, screaming.
Idiot.
So of course Big Boy is scared too.
Good thing I got rid of that bumblebee.
The tiny, very loud fly is still here.
And so are about a dozen moths I let in last night when I tossed the bee outside.
Oh, well.

1 comment:

  1. Coming to your defense I could say that maybe MrDartt being pretty allergic to bee stings might have had something to do with your hysteria? Maybe? a little? : )

    ReplyDelete