Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What They Deserve

You know those people who, from your point of view, seem like they have everything, or at least have it pretty good, but still they complain about their lives being hard?
"We just won the lottery and my husband just got promoted and we paid off our million dollar house and my kid is in advanced fingerpainting at his preschool, but I'm just so disappointed because our housekeeper called in sick today and I have to fold some laundry."
Well, this post is about one of my closest friends who is NOT like that. She works so hard and is experiencing some awesome success. I feel like she totally deserves it. She has her own clothing line and it's been featured in People magazine several times, as well as on the Today Show.
We've known each other for 10 years now. We lived together in the dorms and then in an apartment in college. Aside from being an awesome artist and a VERY hard worker (I feel like she slept only a few hours each night during the week in college), she has been nothing but an excellent friend to me throughout the time we've known each other. I know she would do anything she could to help me, and I hope she knows I would do the same. She's one of those people who knows exactly the right gift to get someone, or exactly the right special treat to choose to make someone's day.
Anyway, the point is that even though she's faced some difficulties in her life, she doesn't complain or whine about them. She just keeps working so hard, being a giving, loving wife and friend, sister and daughter, and she is succeeding. And I am just so proud of her, and so proud to be her friend.
And it is so nice to see this success come to someone who has worked and worked for it.
So next time you hear someone saying, "We are so broke right now but we have gone on 12 vacations in the past year and we have to go on another one next weekend," just remember, there are some people out there who ARE getting what they really deserve.

1 comment:

  1. You always tell me that "I'm Famous" and I always say, "No, I'm not". But now I feel like I am famous cause I'm on the DARTTBOARD! This was very touching coming from such a dear friend. Thanks so much for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete