Friday, June 12, 2009

Time for an Adventure

Last night when I went out to take the dog out of her pen and bring her into the yard, I saw two airplanes flying across the sky, in two different directions.
And I thought, "I want to be on an airplane, going somewhere."
I thought about what all the different people might be doing on the airplanes. Maybe they were flying somewhere for vacation. Maybe they had important work meetings to get to. Maybe they were going to a funeral or a class reunion or a vineyard.
With the exception of a funeral, I'd love to be going somewhere.
I love being here, at our house, with the kids and my husband. I just decided that it's time for an adventure. We haven't had one in a while (besides watching Big Boy do his "flopping and jumping" -- he learned it from watching a James Bond movie where the character was running, jumping over stuff, and rolling -- in the living room).
So maybe we need to start planning a trip, even if it's a mini-vacation, just a drive-able distance, where we can hang out and relax for a few days or a week and just forget about the dogs, forget about the e-mail, and forget about the dishes.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan - I especially like the part about forgetting about the dishes!

    ReplyDelete