Friday, June 19, 2009

"Mommy" "Mommy" "Mommy" "Mommy" ...

When Big Boy was first learning to talk, I remember putting my face close to his and repeating, with a big smile on my face, "Say, mama." I did it all the time, until finally, he started saying "mama" indiscriminately, and then until he started using it when he talked about me or wanted me or whatever.
Today, I am going to keep track of how many times he says, "Mommy."
Yesterday I realized he says it about every two mintes. At least.
Each time he says something to me, he starts or ends the observation, question or comment with, "Mommy."
And this kid talks non-stop.
And sometimes, he just says, "Mommy?" and then doesn't say anything else. And I'll say, "Did you have something to tell me?" And he'll say, "Nope." I think he's just testing me to see if I'm paying attention.
Yesterday evening after a whole day of "Mommy," I was laughing every time he said it. And he kept asking, "Why are you laughing, Mommy?" or "Mommy, why are you laughing?"
It's 7 a.m. now and he has said "Mommy" 5 times since he got up at 6:30. I'll report back tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. oh, that is hilarious. I can definitely relate to that. Sometimes the girls both say "mommy, mommy, mommy", basically fighting over who is going to talk to me, even though NEITHER of them HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY TO ME!

    ReplyDelete