Monday, September 14, 2009

My 100th Post! Vegan Cookies.

I am sitting in a coffee shop right now. I brought my laptop and am supposed to be working on some writing projects. But something funny happened so I thought I'd break to blog.

Two women just came in, and were talking about another woman, who they'd come to buy some coffee and a cookie for. The coffee shop worker said the coffee shop is all out of cookies.

"But we have some vegan cookies, over there," she said.

"Ew! Vegan cookies! That sounds gross," said one of the patrons. "What does that mean, that they don't have any animal oil?"

"Well," the coffee shop girl said, "it means they're made without eggs or dairy or any other animal by-products."

"Gross! I don't think she'll like vegan cookies."

The other patron said, "Yeah, if they don't have real cookies, we'll probably have to get these bagged cookies. These look better."

Another couple of people came in to the shop and overheard some of the conversation.

The two women left, sans cookies.

The woman from the new couple said, "These vegan cookies are huge! Where do you get these?"

"We order them from the company," the coffee shop girl said.

"I'll have to try one sometime," the woman said.

The couple left.

Another woman walked in.

"Look at these huge cookies," she said to her boyfriend/husband (I only know they're romantically linked because they couldn't keep their hands off each other and they are kissing right now, as they've paused before exiting the door!).

"They're vegan," the coffee shop girl said.

"Oooh, vegan cookies!" the woman said.

These cookies are getting a lot of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment